Thursday, March 30, 2006

Breaking in the Trek

Well we finally got the Trek out on the trail. For the wife's second ride I took her out to E. Macon for a ride(insert evil grin here) and for only here second trail ride she did great! I think we have a future downhiller, she's not to fond of the climbing but is as fearless as a rookie NASCAR driver on the downhills. I was trying to take it easy on her and she was about to run me over! She is definitely enjoying the Fuel 70 more than the Giant Warp DS3 as it weighs about 10lbs less! We did a half a lap and called it good I went out to the BMX track and worked on my technique(you should fall down laughing here!)to see if I can carry some speed thru there on Sunday as that is going to be a critical point in the start to clear some room on the single track. Saw some familiar faces out there today as well as some new ones and am definitely looking forward to Sunday. Will be taking the bike into the Shop tomorrow for a last minute tune up making sure it won't have any issues unless I cause them(wife refers to me as George of the Jungle-and there are a lot of trees out there!). Well going to rest tomorrow and Saturday, do some stretching, so if your racing on Sunday I will See ya on the Trail!

2 comments:

Fe-lady said...

Yeah for your wife! I guess there is something to be said about "starting mtn. biking early"- I didn't climb on one until I was fifty, so have had a hard time just letting go on the downhills! My husband on the other hand, just flies...like I said on my post. Could be a gender thing, but then I know of ladies who I guess were born with a downhill gene! (I am not one of them..prefer the long uphill grinds myself!) :-)

ETSX Rider said...

Just started myself at 35 so I am a late bloomer as well she has a 10yr head start on me at 27 so by the time she is my age I will be doing what I can to keep up! :-)