Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Getting Ready


Today was a pretty good ride did a two lap race pace with a third lap thrown in after a 7min rest for good measure. Ordered a new MX Pro w/ETA fork will be installing that after the E. Macon race can't wait anyway going to do one more race pace day of training and taper off for the race on Sunday. Me and Jeff were discussing the first lap burn that always seems to slow ya down from not getting warmed up enough today out at the trail. Since I don't have the talent to warrant a travelling entourage I figure I will have to get out there a little early do a short section of the trail get in a climb to get the muscles loosened up so I can't get a better first lap time. This isn't new to me I have been in sports (long time a go in a high school far,far away) so I know the importance of a good warm up just need tips to accomplish this for this type of racing so please feel free to comment any suggestions. Well that is about it I am getting pysched for the race can't wait. The pic is from this past weekend at Chickasaw just having a blast! Thanks for reading and I will See ya on the Trail!

2 comments:

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

Chris, are those Diadoras that you are wearing. Sweet! About the warm-up, you should purchase a trainer and have a cheap spare wheel with a slick on it. The reason why I recomend this is I have done so many races where I tried to warm-up on the trail and around the parking lot and it doesn't seem to work for me. On the trainer you can increase your intensity, slow down, listen to some music and stay hydrated. You are next to your tent so you can get anything at the last minute. I usually will warm up for around 30-45 minutes depending on the race. It works wonders! Great job at the race and tell your son congrats as well. Later

ETSX Rider said...

Yes those are Diadoras-I am Gelling! thanks for the info and I will have to look at getting the trainer for when I get back to start doing that for the races thanks.