Friday, March 24, 2006

Off to the Chickasaw Trace Challenge

Well I am off to the races - not sure if the reasoning is sound but what the heck drive 6 hours for a 9 mile race but judging from the course it looks like it will be fun plus I am staying a extra day for the relaxation and possibly to do a second fun lap after the race depending on if I have anything left. Judging from the times last year a 50 min lap should get me a top ten finish. Off the subject of riding I completed my checkride so I am officially trained to go play in the sandbox for a few months-hate it when work interferes with riding! no mountains in the sandbox, but the positive spin on that is when I get back I will be able to build "The Bike" yes folks picture it with a Marzocchi MX Pro w/ETA and XT and XTR and the all important(first time ever)Chris King rear hub!! hopefully Charles will be around to help me build it. Well enough of the dreaming so hopefully I will do well this weekend build some confidence for next weekend in Macon I am looking forward to racing with all the riders I have met in the past 7 months I have been here in GA it is great to be part of a group of people who enjoy riding as much as I do if not more. Well I will let ya'll know how it goes this weekend and if not before Sunday then on Sunday, I will see ya on the Trail.

No comments: