Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sandbag??....That's not my Sandbag

Well at least if I was, there were others doing it better than me! Anyway today was a great race day, while I didn't get quite the finish I wanted out of it I did run my race times and came in a respectable 7th place in the beginner class. I started slow so I was stuck behind the pack on the first lap had to do some passing there and ran the hill the first lap but still managed a sub 31 minute lap and a 32 and change on the second one, so I was happy with my times disappointed with the results. But I will still keep up the training and see how I do at my next challenge-my first attempt at a solo 13hr event the Bakers Dozen. This was a great event and everyone who volunteered and helped run it so we could race it-Thank you I had a great time and look forward to doing it again Congrats to Charles and Noah on there 2nd and 3rd place finishes, and to all the others out there good racing. Tomorrow or Tuesday I am planning on taking the bike in and getting the new fork put on looking forward to seeing how that rides. Well not to much else to say and it is late so thanks for reading and I will See ya on the Trail.

4 comments:

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

Chris congrats to you and your son! Ask your wife when she will start racing.

ETSX Rider said...

lol well you should start training her while I am deployed so when I get back she can race Dauset with me and kick my Butt! Great Job on the race there and some cool pics, didn't get any good ones for me so I will just have to wait until the Bakers Dozen

GoFastPops said...

Fantastic race Chris! Placing 7th on this course is a great finish.

ETSX Rider said...

Thanks Don I appreciate that felt like I should have done better but will just use that to motivate me for the next race.