Saturday, April 15, 2006

B.E.A utiful day at Dauset


The Rocky before the Chickasaw Race, gotta keep it comfortable in the room

Well after a enjoyable Easter Egg hunt at Publix I headed out to Dauset to get in some good laps one last time before the Bakers Dozen Ran into Dean who had already had two full laps on the trail and was doing a third short one before he left I headed out for my two full length laps and then some. There was quite a few riders in the area so I figured I would hook up wit someone, however after I had done the Huff and Puff section and headed out to the back end of Dauset trails I started coming up on people going the opposite directions-not sure if that was in practice for the race or not as I do remember someone saying that last years route was ran in reverse of the normal riding course. Since it had been a while since I had been out there I was keeping a eye out on the arrows to make sure I was going in the right direction. I came up on the last 3 miles of the trail and wasn't sure which way to go, that three way intersection of trail, anyway three other riders were going by at the time and I thought to ask them, they were kind enough to let me hang with them - note to self group of riders with Carbon frames, v-brakes to keep weight down, short travel front forks,(Charles is laughing right about now he knows whats coming) thats right they were expert category riders(don't ever ask a expert if he races sport they get offended!) so while it was the quickest 1/10th of a mile I ever did I didn't hang with them long! but long enough to realize where I needed to go. Anyway finished the first lap added some more water to the camelback as it was a warm one today out there and headed off for the second lap. had a good second lap as well since I didn't run into any trees and managed to climb huff and puff without stopping. Did both laps in about a hour and fifty mins each, I figure not bad for the 17 mile lap so we will see how I do on my first 13hr solo event will be out for a ride at Thompson on Wednesday and then heading out to the Race on Friday to do a preride. So any of my readers with some good solo experience and suggestions for food during the ride I would love to have some input for what to pack and have on standby to keep me going. Thanks for reading and as always I will See ya on the Trail!

No comments: