Friday, April 07, 2006

Slow week

The boy has Dads talent for falling off the bike that is for sure!

Well after a good race much online trash talking on Sunday and Monday, and then back to the Grind I am finally getting back to the blog. Missed a Tuesday night ride out at the Pig - hate it when work interferes with the important things in life! However since it didn't get dark until 8pm I could have gone out after I got off but I was lazy, sorry Budrock. Missed the OMBA meeting and ride on Wednsday due to flying late so I didn't get a ride in until Thursday night. Now I went out around 8pm to Thompson and had the light it was just getting dark so all by my lonesome I decide what the heck and away I go. Well it had been just about a month since I was out there so some wear and tear and a couple of rains did little to change the trail but those annoying hanging branches seemed to be everywhere! I have a Niterider Rage HID so I can light up the woods pretty good but the darker it got the harder those little bastards where to see so I caught a couple of them right in the face. Anyway to make a long story short after one lap my risk assesment was pretty high so I called it a night. I did manage to get back out there today and turn two normal and one reverse lap and had a good work out. Thompson just seems to leave something to be desired after riding E. Macon for the past three weeks, it is still a great technical trail but I miss the speed I could carry out at Macon. Anyway I have mandatory fun Army style tommorrow and then some home improvement after that. Looking to go out early to Arrowhead on Sunday and get a few laps in out there and then hopefully but in about 6hrs worth of riding at Dauset the following weekend in preparation for the Bakers Dozen. Thats about it for now so thanks for reading and I will See ya on the Trail!

1 comment:

GoFastPops said...

OldFart????