Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bombs Away!

Not her, But isn't she about the most B E A utiful Dashund you ever saw?
Well I haven't had the chance to ride it yet but it is on, the new Marzocchi MX PRO w/ETA Bomber 120mm of travel, in response to Bills question, "What are you going to jump out of trees with that?" Well no, but if I did want to I could! So I am looking forward to giving it the initial ride out at Thompson tomorrow. Also looking into the post deployment reward which may have to be purchased prior to return if I want to get one is the ETSX Bonfire which from what I found out today run about $2000. Amazing that this is the same individual that 3yrs ago would have laughed in your face at the mere suggestion of paying even a $1000 for a bike let alone twice that for the frame! Must be that I suffer from that OAD Overactive Adrenaline Disorder and that Mountain Biking is the fix. Still it is money well spent considering not that many years ago I was spending that annually on cigarettes and if I still had that nasty habit I would probably be spending more at current cost! However that not withstanding the overall cost of the beauty I am dreaming up is somewhere in the area of $3500+time+labor. But I look forward to seeing how it comes out once I do get it built. Counting down the days until my summer vacation - going to miss the riding but hopefully on my down time I can put the Mountain Bikers Training Bible to good use and do some strength training on my off days and maintain my cardio until I return. Well I was hoping to get out to Dauset this weekend and get some long training in on Saturday early in preparation for the Bakers Dozen which is my first solo endurance event so if any of ya'll want to join me drop me a note otherwise hopefully either tomorrow evening at Thompson or Saturday at Dauset I will See ya on the Trail! Thanks for reading

No comments: