Monday, June 04, 2007

Sunday Rides

Is that a picture of my Bike or my But??
Oh yea thats a cool pose look for it on the cover of next months Mountain Bike Action!
One of the few times I was in front of Charles - Notice the styling Pink helmet Charles is sporting
Now is this a)A shameless promotion of The Bike Store. b) A styling pictures of my pale white legs. or c) A picture of what slicks look like covered in mud?
Yes that little red spec in the distance of that red muddy road is me trying to cach up with Charles


It was a B E A Utiful day for a ride after the rain cleared out the Morning was nice and cool and there was hardly any traffic at 8am when we started riding. Charles took us out on a 35 mile loop the Perry-Robidouex(sp) loop down some dirt,(MUD) road and down some other roads that were lightly traveled I think for most of the ride we saw less than 10 vehicles it was great.

I am planning on doing the Off Road Assualt on Mount Mitchell (ORAMM) in July I heard about it from Monte anyone else planning on riding it from the area? I think me and Charles are going to make the Sunday MTB Bike road ride a regular event for a while at least it felt good to stretch out the legs on a long steady pace with some good climb efforts thrown in. The longer I ride the more I realize that the trails provide the good technical training and sprint efforts for the races but the road riding is definitely a necessary part of a overall training aspect if your going to race competitively(hopefully someday I will be competative!).

Anyway The wife is now riding with some Candy Bros pedals on her new hardtail and wearing the Specialized Body Geometry shoes I had that seem to fit her better than the Pearl Izumis she has so we will have to see what we can do to get her into a pair of her own shoes that fit.

I am planning on doing some trail riding this week once the brake line is fixed on the ETSX Bonfire not sure where but if your out there when I am I Will See You on the Trail!

2 comments:

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

well, its about time! Are you for riding this Sunday?

ETSX Rider said...

For riding I am this Sunday!