Sunday, June 17, 2007

1st Annual Fathers Day Trail Ride (unoffical)

Like Father....
Like Son!


Well it wasn't a announced event but if it gives me a excuse to use on Fathers Day to go ride, I figure why not? Myself, Charles, Gregg, and Rick all met out at Thompson at 7am and headed out for a good morning of riding. After a casual first lap and a reverse direction second lap I had to do a little motivating as some people where ready to call it a morning and go home - "Get me out here at 7am to do 2 laps?" So with a little motivation we headed back out and put down a pretty good lap time which I figured might have been our last lap however Charles turned the tables on me and piped up "lets do another one" so out we go for the fourth lap. During this lap Charles decided to redefine the phrase "just cruising" either that or me Gregg and Rick might have been a little tired. It was a great way to spend the morning and a good ride effort overall. This was the first time I had run the trail in reverse since they had made the changes to the trail and it makes for some good climb efforts going in reverse might have to do that more often just for the training effort it provides. I did manage to jinx Gregg on the second lap after he made a nice move to get a branch out of his rear wheel while continuing to ride as soon as I said "nice job" he wipes out after that he dumps it about 3 more times and then identifies a flat tire so I will refrain from saying that the next time we ride! To all the Fathers out there Happy Fathers Day and I should be back out on the Trail Wensday so if your out there I Will See You on the Trail!

No comments: