Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Smoked Like a Cheap Cigar

Well not quite the race results I was hoping for but there was a good side to the 8th Place finish out of 12 at the Pig. After bumming about the 7 guys who finished between 2-6min in front of me I checked out the standings and discovered the same individuals were the top six in the class and had competed in at least 7 out of the 8 races this season so that made me feel better about the finish seeing as it was my first race since the 1st GSC race and I had only been back on the trails for 2 weeks. Anyway the race was fun I enjoyed the trail and the support was great! Thanks to all the volunteers out there on race day and who fixed the trail up before the race it was great. What was really cool was the soldiers that were out there on the trail for the Race, they were down from Fort Benning on medical hold before they completed basic training, all of them are training for 11B which for those of you that don't know is infantry, I had my Army Jersey on and these guys parked out on the top of Chandlers Challenge and provided the motivation I needed to ensure I didn't walk up the hill both laps it rocked!! Not sure if the Drill SGT is a biker or what but when I was talking to him and the troops he said the saw the flyer and decided to get the soldiers out of the barracks for the day and brought them down pretty cool in my opinion! Anyway I am getting ready for my first solo event this weekend as long as Ernesto doesn't ruin the 13hrs of Santos Checked out the tent and got the 130mm fork put on the TrailBlazer to ensure a pluuuussshhh ride on the trail still taking the Optygen and hydrating as much as possible. Got the new bike rack in today and tried it out seems to fit pretty good if your looking for a trunk or hatch back rack the Saris Bones rack is a good one I know The Bike Store has one in stock for someone needing a two bike rack. I am planning to go out to Thompson tomorrow and ride a couple of laps to loosen up between PT all week and riding tomorrow I figure I should be ok I will be out there in time to preride on Saturday since the race isn't until Sunday just trying to stay loose in between races, I have one every weekend through the 24hrs of Pisgah before I call it a short season Well I have gone on long enough thanks for reading and if you happen to be out there tomorrow or Riding at Santos On Sunday I will See You on the Trail!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Hey if you practiced more instead of harrassing your wife on her blog you would be so slow. Pain is not our friend. ;).