Wednesday, August 16, 2006

TrailBlazing at Thompson

Verdict is still out on whether the Bling-Bling was worth the $Cha-Ching$ for these beauties
Well once again back out to old faithful on Monday Morning this time on the TrailBlazer. Could be just me but definitely a noticable difference in the ride between a 2005 Marzocchi MX Pro ETA 130mm fork (can't have a blog w/o a link, Charles would be disappointed!) and the 2003 MX Pro ETA 105mm fork, stuck the turns much better and just seemed more in control overall, could be that I have ridden that for the last three years and am use to it or it could be the overall bike setup - whatever it is I have to say I like the shorter travel better on that aspect of the ride. However,(there is always a however) I must need to adjust the air or compression on the 105mm because I definitely maxed the travel on it!(zip tie on the left stanchion said so!) not sure if I did that on the three drops or that B E A utiful drop in at the end of the downhill run on the backside regardless neither of which are so radical I should be using that much travel, in my opinion but maybe. Course all my talk may just be to see if maybe I want to actually try out the multi knob, need a degree in pnuematic engineering with a minor in hydraulics, to set correctlyFox Float 130mm XTT. Well heading out to the Pig tomorrow with Charles and a whole bike gang of people to get some laps in out there hopefully 3 and might even go tool around Thompson tonight just for some seat time and some S&G's not pushing it to hard just working the handling skills hopefully won't be eating to much dust come the 27th out at the Pig. Looks like Sunday will be my ride day for this weekend so somewhere in one of those days hopefully I will See You on the Trail!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

So what your saying is I won't have to feed you breakfast cause you'll be full of dust?? Naw I don't think so . Go Speedy!!!

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

Yo bike rocks!! I think they were worth it. Just let them break in. See you on the trail.