Monday, August 21, 2006

Sunday Rides and Roof Rack Shock

Plenty of these out there Sunday Morning!

Well was the first one out at the Pig Sunday morning so I got to play web catcher on the first lap. Not sure but I think the spiders are conspiring to see if they can get enough webs in a row they can cacoon the first rider thru working together! The trail clean up and taping was good easy to find your way around and the work done to level out a small tricky area was pretty good, there is a switchback turn that could use some tape just to identify it little tricky and kinda hidden, since I wasn't there to help prep I will just say thanks to those that did and I will come out on Saturday to help with prep then, the trail looks great. Still getting used to the TrailBlazer, but definitely seem to be able to handle it a little better in the tight areas and technical stuff still debating on the fork change will probably leave it for the Pig race and change it out for the 13hrs of Santos. Now on to the Roof Rack, looking at the prices for those setups and going into sticker shock, didn't realize they where so expensive, doing some shopping around may look at ebay, anyone having recommendations based on there usage is welcome to provide feedback here as I am still looking for a good deal on a good rack. Well this week I will be getting ready for the race using the guidance provided by Joe Friel in his book The Mountain Bikers Training BibleI will need all the help I can get, the four months on the stationary bike didn't do much to help my times on the trail I am finding out so we will see how it turns out. Will be doing some limited race focused riding this week so if your out and about at the same time I will See you on the Trail!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Spiderman spiderman does everything a spider can.