Wednesday, September 06, 2006

John Brown you Sadistic $#@!*#!

Well 12hrs and 9 laps later I was done, I say 12 because while I could have made the cutoff, was there 2min before the time I waited it out. I was pretty wasted and wasn't to confident my light would last the hour it would take me to finish that last lap my LED light had already ran out on me so I had no backup. The Start was nice and casual walked up with Don, Jesse and the rest of the guys doing the 6hr race, Mark was the only motivated individual who actually ran to the start. First 4 laps were pretty good had split the competition with Magic Mountain riding it twice and walking it twice, it did cost me a $60 pair of shorts though as I lost my line on one of the two laps I had to walk when I started riding it and fell over on a rock and almost off the hill tearing the shorts. Upon completing the 4th lap I was pretty sure I was about to go into heat exhaustion so I stopped for a lunch break and some cold water from the wife. I couldn't have done this without her I would have burned myself out and not had the support I needed for food and fluids to keep going. Once it became later in the afternoon and started cooling down the laps became a little easier I found that just kept my cadence at a nice spin and saved my legs for John Brown which was some nasty technical section that I would say rivaled the Rock Gardens of the Snake Creek!
Well I did what I set out to completed the race and while I fell 3 laps short of my original goal I am satisfied with what I did complete and how I did it since realistically my training was not what I needed to be fully prepared for the 13hr race. Congrats to the Girls for the 1st Place Team finish and to Angie, Sarah, Diane and Steve on the 3rd place, Mark did good with 11 laps and a 5th place he was motivated enough to go back out on that last lap of the night unlike me however I am pretty happy with a 8th place finish. I am looking forward to the 4hrs of Pork this Sunday, have Charles making sure I didn't bang up the TrailBlazer to bad not like he has a whole lot of time with putting together the race this weekend! Well enough of my rambling Happy B-Day to the Old Fart and make sure you post that picture worthy bruise man that is sweet!! I will hopefully get out to ride the Pig this Friday just as a refresher and if your out there then I will See you on the Trail!

No comments: