Friday, September 29, 2006

5min on trail=4hrs in Emergency Room

So we are out at Thompson, along with several other riders. The wife and I unload the bikes she has been looking forward to riding since she had the surgery on her wrist and finally here we are, ready to rol out on the trail. We head out on the trail and are taking the shortcuts for the easy route trying to take it easy since the wife hasn't rode in about 3 months. Well we have no choice but to go down the 3 drops and I yell back to the wife "Going down 3 drops, be carefull!" now the first time we rode this together I told her to she should walk it to which she took that as a challenge and rode it. This time apparently she took what I said as "Going down 3 drops keep up!" Well half way down the drops one of them was paticularly nasty as it was washed out, without going into to much detail she went superwoman and took on a tree and lost. Fortunately for us a couple of other riders where there, to those guys - Thanks for helping with the bikes and getting them back for us as well as stopping to help initially. Walked the wife back to the truck on one leg she couldn't support any weight on her left leg so it was straight to the hospital for X-Rays and crutches. She has here first trail wounds a couple of good rashes and scratches on both arms and is going to have a dandy of a bruise on her thigh but being the trooper she is, she is still looking forward to healing up and getting back out there, maybe next time I will convince her to walk down the drops versus ride them, but knowing her I doubt it. Anyway I am looking at a trailer hitch rack for the Vue, the Saris is a good rack however I don't care for the way it holds the Mountain Bikes, it would be great for road bikes or even hard tail Mountain bikes but it doesn't quite work for full suspension Mountain Bikes so, if anyone is interested in a 3 bike carrier Saris Bones Bike rack let me know I will cut a good deal. Well I may get back out to Thompson early Sunday morning so if anyone is out there I will See You on the Trail!

No comments: