Thursday, October 05, 2006

Missing the Trail

Well it has been a week without a ride, ok not a full week but 5 days. Sure I have done some running even got in a day of lifting but it just doesn't compare to a good ride on the trail. I am looking forward to starting a program of training during the off season but not sure whether I want to squeeze in one more endurance race or call it good for this year. The 12hrs of Truth in TN looks like it might be a worthwhile drive for a last Solo event of the year, just not sure if work schedule will be flexible enough to allow me to be in half way decent shape to ride it we will see. Should be picking up the Saris Cycle-On racks this week from The Bike Store as well as a new bike for the son ever since he rode Moms Trek Fuel 70(the same one she took on the tree at Thompson on) he just can't ride the WalMart special anymore get I spoiled him at a early age. So he is getting a Giant hopefully he learns to be a little more graceful than his Mom! Anyway regardless of how I decide to go I am looking forward to doing some cross-training and seeing if I cant improve my strength and speed training see if I can't win a couple of lap races next season and improve my finishes in the endurance races I am already looking forward to Snake Creek and Razor Back. I guess my shortened race season has left me wanting more as opposed to burned out however I am not quite sure about the CycloCross riding so I think I will watch a couple and see about maybe even riding in a race. Well for the Punctuation Police that have been monitoring my postings as of late should be satisfied with my use of periods as I created a few more sentences than I usually do. Well Hopefully this weekend I can get out and ride a trail, not sure which but will figure it out so where ever it is I will See You on the Trail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo. Hoo-freaking-ray for periods. And you know we wouldn't pick on you if we didn't like you, right?

BTW...we're starting back on some of our ladies pines rides if you think your wife might be interested. Conversation pace, just ladies, just the pines...but in the dark, at the pig trail. Holler if you think she might like. She'd need lights.

ETSX Rider said...

Of course I know ya just messing, the wife might be interested once her leg heals up after I wrecked her out at Thompson going down the drops but I am sure she would I will talk to her and let her get back with ya. Tell your closet roadie husband "Ding Fries are Done"