Monday, October 09, 2006

Three up, Three down

Three for Three who wants to Downhill?? I have managed to wreck the last three riders who have ridden with me on a downhill sections, I haven't really done anything to cause them to wreck it just seems to happen the latest victim while riding at E. Macon. Now don't get me wrong I don't think Jeff D. would even think of what I refer to as downhill as anything more than a slight grade but I consider anything that gets me going 26mph as a pretty good downhill. Anyway a while back I mentioned that the verdict was still out on the Hope Mono M4's I can honestly say they kick butt. I haven't had any problems with the pads or squeaking and the levers are self adjusting and work great. Once I contacted them about a warped rotor they were quick to send a replacement without needing the one I had sent back. However don't take that as totally the brake, if you read the reviews on MTBR they definitely need to be set up correctly, Charles did a great job on that -- Thanks Charles. On another item, while it cost a few bucks after just two days of using it the Saris Cycle-On Racks are great not only do the hold the bikes steady and away from the vehicle the rack folds up and since it has the hitch arm it is far enough away from the hatch back I can open it without having to remove the rack so that is a big plus. Well just saw the post on OMBA for Sunday ride at Dauset maybe? Time TBD so if your not doing anything and looking for a ride Hopefully I will See You on the Trail!

3 comments:

Lissa said...

You should warn people before they follow down a hill. I'm going to tape a warning on the back of your bike seat.

Unknown said...

If they're following that close without the skills to pay the bills, they should expect to wreck.

el Jefe's off on a DH weekend. See you at Dauset!

ETSX Rider said...

Yep thats what I told the wife and now I am sleeping with the bike! lol(she was one of the ones that wrecked) Looking forward to Dauset my only riding day this week!