Sunday, September 10, 2006

4hrs of pure Pig pleasure!

It was a good morning for a race, Charles put together a good race course with a good start setup to give everyone a chance to spread out and race through the course. Anyway started out kinda slow and was pretty much at the back of the pack but not to far, cause I had GofastPops behind me but not for long as I appeared to be holding him up, I figured I could let him go on the first lap and catch him later - yea I was wrong about that as the old man on the singlespeed pretty much schooled me and finished 3 spots ahead of me as I finished in 15th with 7 laps. It was a good ride with everyone racing in one group and competing against people from all classes made me glad I race beginner series! I felt pretty good being able to finish 7 laps in the time frame which kept me up with 12 riders in front of me as the top 3 where the only ones who did 8 laps. I am looking forward to this weekend and the 24hrs of Pisgah should be pretty fun and is the last of my month long race weekends and will probably be the last event I do for a little while unless of course somebody needs a teamate for another event but I am looking forward to some down time and just training and riding for fun, hitting dauset and some other areas. Well not much else going on and its late so I will wrap it up Good Job Charles on the Race I look forward to riding it again next year and Good job to all the riders and I will See You on the Trail!

2 comments:

GoFastPops said...

How in the world did you finish behind me? You're young, you had gears; no I bet the timing and scoring folks must have made a mistake. Demand a recount, I'm sure there's a hangin' chad somewhere in there....

(You had a great race Chris)

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

Bring in the rotor as early as you can on friday.