Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Running Sucks!!

OK well maybe it doesn't but if you haven't done it in about 4 months and then try to hang with the fastest guy in the Company (Army Unit) for 4 miles it does. I felt pretty good during the run, and was even able to hang with him when he was pacing at 6:30 a mile, when he kicked it up to 6 min miles then he left me behind. but for 4 miles I was able to hang with him. It was the following 24hrs when the leg muscles started tightening up that it hurt. Anyway that was monday morning, I spent Tuesday night on the trainer did the 17 mile Ligomes course with a pretty strong pace kept the cadence high to try and spin out the legs. They seemed to loosen up a little this morning which I spent stretching out trying to get the lactic acid out and focus towards race day. Picked up the bike from Charles today at the LBS he did a race tune up on it for me and put some new ignitors on it these are supposedly the Lightwieght UST aka LUST which I promptly tried out at Thompson this evening. The tires work great good grip on everything, which I can attest to becuase I kept catching sand in the face off the tread even though the trail was bone dry! Ran two good back to back laps out at Thompson and then headed home. Will hit the trainer again tomorrow for some speed work and then The Pig on Friday to fine tune the setup for Yargo which is should be similar to that as I keep hearing how flat it it so we will see. With all the training I have been doing focused toward the races I have had minimum long rides on the trail but Sunday I did get 26 miles at Dauset and felt pretty good all the way through. Hopefully I will still have the endurance abilities to go for 12hrs in two weeks at Yargo, I would like to make a good showing in my first endurance event of the season. Well that is about it for now so if your going out to The Pig on Friday or racing at Yargo on Sunday I Will See You on the Trail!

No comments: