Friday, April 11, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again



Well after the last two days at the Pig hopefully I have knocked the rust off the trail riding skills and am prepared for my first race of the season at Flat Rock. The last three months of spin classes and some interval road rides on the hardtail have helped alot on the conditioning and weight loss I have gotten down to a race weight of 141 lbs so hopefully the weight to power ratio has been helped in both directions. I have been able to improve the lap times each of the last three days of riding up at the Pig which is a pretty close match to the course out at Flat Rock so I am feeling pretty good looking toward Sunday just hoping the weather is good this weekend for it.
Hopefully this will be the start to a full season of racing for me, work schedule appears to allow me to be home to compete in the entire GSC Series this year. I am quickly approaching the big 40 so I will be competing in a new age group this year but same class, I am sticking with my commitment to have a competitive season in the beginner(base) class before moving up to Sport where I will continually get my butt handed to me. Along with that I am planning on competing in two 12hr events, Yargo and Tsali in the solo category as well as competing in the 64 miles of ORAMM again this year, that race was a A$$ Kicker! I am looking forward to keeping myself busy this summer and hopefully be more active in the OMBA chapter as well to give back to the group.
Well that is about it going to pack for the race tomorrow and relax and get ready for Sunday me and Rick will be carpooling up there together and racing each other once we get there. So if your going up there on Sunday I Will See You on the Trail!

No comments: