Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Checking out the night life


Well starting to get everything around for the 12hrs of Yargo, making sure I have a list of all the things I will get half way up there and realize I forgot anyway! Since it has been almost a year since I have trail ridden at night I thought it would be a good idea to try the lights out and make sure I still could ride at night and not run into a tree(Oh wait I do that during the day anyway -- boy am I screwed!). So with the FS in the shop getting the race tune and clean up I took the HT out to Thompson and put the lights to work. 50 yards into the trail I had to turn around, first lesson learned, need bandanna under helmet harness not secure enough otherwise that lesson left a nice mark across the bridge of my nose. back out on the trail and rolling along.... OK bouncing really...those of you who ride hardtail regularly at Thomson your Hardcore! Anyway the rest of the ride went pretty good worked on looking through the turns and down the trail to get the best light use and quickest travel. So tomorrow after work will be the preparation and packing evening and will be heading up to Winder Friday evening my pop up will already be up there thanks to Mark D. So if your going to be racing up there this Saturday I Will See You on the Trail!!

No comments: