Sunday, April 27, 2008

A New Vue, and a New View



Well this week saw a couple of new things first a new Saturn Vue which we got a great deal on that gets much better fuel mileage than the Colorado so the wife is driving it to school and we are taking it to the races. The nice thing about Saturn is you can get one pretty much loaded with very nice features, the OnStar turn by turn directions are great, but the cost is much less than what you would pay on a equivalently equipped vehicle from any other manufacturer. Also they finally started allowing the GM Earnings to be used on Saturn purchase which helped us a bunch.
Now for the other new View I finally got to see what it felt like to finish the race first and be the tallest rider in the class(which I need some help with at my height). Ft Yargo was definitely the fastest trail I have ridden in GA combine that with the wet trail conditions and we were in for one awesome race. I arrived out there at about 7am and since I had never ridden the course before I figured I would hit a familiarization lap and check out the course. It was in good condition even with the rain and for the most part a big ring course. I ran the setup as planned 4" in the rear and 100mm on the fork it worked great. Since we had a 0930hrs race the lap served as my warm up as well, I had a little trouble on the start getting clipped in dropped to 4th but by the first half mile I was out front and staying there. I was also trying out a new pair of Tifosi sunglasses with a optical insert, they worked great didn't fog up and stayed clear even with all the mud and muck the tires were kicking up if your looking for a pair of shades or just eye wear that works good for riding check them out. This was a good warm up for the 12hrs next weekend I am looking forward to that it will be a great event. Not sure if I will hit the trail or just hit a group ride this week, have to get the bike into TBS so Charles can make sure it can take the abuse I will dish out but if your out at Ft Yargo this weekend I Will See You on the Trail!

2 comments:

GoFastPops said...

The view is always better from the top step....

congratulations!

Unknown said...

Hi -

Thanks for choosing the Vue. I hope you continue to be happy with it.

Mike M.
Saturn
Detroit, Mich.

BTW- As a blogger, you may be interested to check out Saturn;s new blog/social network site: ImSaturn.com.