Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Hours of Power


Well been a uneventful week as far as trail riding haven't gotten any in and don't look to this weekend either. Not a problem though since the broken toe is preventing me from running it has given me a excuse to ride the bike during PT. So over the past three days I have gotten in a hour of riding each morning on the Vertex to help get me in better condition for the Sunday WBL rides. The Trek 1000 should be in tomorrow so I am looking forward to trying that out on Sunday. Moments like these make me realize that the phrase "I will never...." is a set up for contradiction somewhere in the future. I have come full circle from a individual who stated "I can't believe anyone would pay that much for a bike.", then "I only want to trail ride" to now, "when does that road bike come in?" But I guess as we expand our horizons, push out our goals and try to improve ourselves we find ourselves trying things we didn't think we ever would - good to know I can still learn something new even at the young age of almost 40. Anyway got in 4 rides all about 16 miles each steady pace and was able to use my lights since it is still dark at 0600hrs in the morning, so hopefully I will show some improvement on Sundays ride. So if your out there I will See You on the Road!

No comments: