Sunday, November 04, 2007

Rockin the Trek 1000SL


Well the Trek 1000 came in on Friday and Charles put in together and had it ready to go for me that night and ride planned on Saturday morning. So at 0730hrs (and yes it was cold!)out we went for some intervals. Now knowing Charles natural speed and the fact I have never trained intervals with a plan I figured to have a pretty good workout in store for me. I was not let down that was some good training and gave me a good feel on the new bike for Sundays ride with the WBL. We had beautiful weather for the ride and I was looking forward to a good workout. Since the bike is the flare orange I figured what the heck I would wear my OMBA gear which matched it nicely(I may not be fast but I look good!). I recieved several compliments on the bike which I purchased from The Bike Store in Warner Robins. Well we headed out and started out with some problems as Collin had a mechanical which caused a wreck and a injury, hopefully he is ok. So we got going again without incident and were cruising at a good pace even with the occasional wind. I was considering getting up front and pulling for a little while but Eddie gave me some advice I was thankful for later, which was to not worry about pulling on my second ride and save my energy we still had a way to go. This would prove critical as I had a couple of times were Shane had to drop back and pull me back up to the group, thanks Shane. Jesse was also very helpful in keeping me up with the group and riding with me when we took the shortcut at the end. Since this was my second road ride with the group I felt pretty good I hung with the group for the most part, only got pushed up part of one hill and didn't hold the group up to much. Overall had a 19.4mph pace and did 54miles total and felt like I had a great workout with good efforts and good riding. This week I plan on doing a couple of hour training rides during the week and hitting the group ride on Wenseday and the Dauset Festival on Saturday so I will miss this weeks ride on Sunday but I will be back the following week. So depending on the day I will See You on the Bike!

1 comment:

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

i sent you the photos, sorry for the delay