Saturday, November 10, 2007

Dauset Festival






Well it was a good day at the Dauset Festival today I headed out about 0730hrs and was there by 0900hrs. I had plenty of gear and the bike and everything loaded up the night before so I was well prepared for the day and looking forward to it. I think the last time I was at Dauset was about a month ago so I was ready to hit the trail. we had a good showing of riders to begin the day with and it only got better as the day went on. So we started out with a good size medium group and me as the group leader-first time for everything since I hadn't been a ride leader before. I tried to keep everyone together while making it a fun and challenging ride for all. Based on the feedback I guess I did a half way decent job of it. We did the entire loop and were back in time for lunch, which was some Delicious firehouse sandwiches. After that I relaxed for a hour or so and then got some clean riding clothes and hit the trail again, this time it was solo cause everyone was out riding already and I wanted to do Huff and Puff again(not a popular choice the first time!). This time I kept a fairly steady pace, eliminated the stops and rode straight thru the whole route so I completed it in 28min..... oh wait no I mean 1hr and 51min. Had to head back home after that so I didn't get to make the weekend of it but it was great to get back on the trail again and 34 miles on Dauset at any decent pace is a pretty good work out. Tomorrow will be a day of rest and relaxation and I will probably hit Thomson on Monday since I have it off(don't forget to thank a Vet)and will be out there early enough that it won't be dark before I finish. So if your out there I Will See You on the Trail! Meanwhile here are some pics of today's festivities.

1 comment:

Dean said...

Thanks for leading the group ride. Shoulda hung around for the night time trial, it was alot of fun.