Saturday, November 24, 2007

Dropped like Michael Vick from a Nike Commercial!

Well I have fallen behind before in a ride but always been able to get pulled back up before I lost the group however today that was not the case. For the first time in my vast experience of 4 group rides I was dropped and then subsequently lost. So after missing the left turn I should have made that I didn't see(my bad as well I failed to print the map) I continued straight on RT 42 for about 7 miles until I finally decided that I would have come across someone by now so I turned around and headed back to the last known position, Forsyth. So by the time I went back to Forsyth I had 56 miles on the Garmin and decided rather than try to get back to Macon I would just call the wife have her drive out and pick me up. Charles who asked me if I wanted to go ride with the group today and James another rider spent a good hour checking the route for me so they did attempt to locate me once they got back and realized I wasn't there so I appreciate that. The first half of the ride was pretty good the group got doing some pace line work which started my demise as we hit the hills. I really need to work on my climb strength that seems to be my primary weakness because I can hang on the flats and I have never had any issues with downhills. However I am not deterred, just more determine to get up to speed with these guys I figure it has to help the MTB Racing if I can get up to speed with the road guys enough to hang for the entire ride. The technique of tempo riding is a interesting one, most situations I fly down the hills no brakes getting as much speed as possible for the impending uphill. With these rides I am breaking all the way down the hill to stay off the guys wheel in front of me and spinning earlier to get up the hill but it definitely makes ya work for it up the hill. I did get some good cookies though due to the fact that I was dropped so I was lucky there they were some good cookies, Thanks Steph. Well this week will be a couple of more short rides during the day a night ride on Wenseday with Charles and a ride this upcoming weeked which will probably be the last road ride I do on the weekends as I will be road riding for a few months after Christmas so I will be looking to get some trail time in before then. But for the near future I Will See You on the Bike!

2 comments:

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

pt test?????????

ETSX Rider said...

Yea 290, 65 PU 76 SU and a 13:45 on the 2mi