Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Picking up the Pace





Well maybe not literally as it would apply to speed but definitely as it applies to training. Hit the road early today for some intervals around the installation only got a couple of laps in before it started getting dark but was able to work some intervals in for 15 miles. Hopefully will be able to keep up a solid training routine for the next week and half before my schedule gets overtaken for a couple of weeks during which time I won't be able to do any riding. That sucks seeing as the first race of the season is right in the middle of that time frame as well. Anyway had my first mishap on the road here in Korea this Sunday, couldn't get anyone to go with me so headed out on our standard road ride route looking forward to a nice 45mile ride in some decent temps around 40 degrees. Was doing good up until the 34 mile mark where I ran over something that flattened my rear tire, np got a spare in the seatbag with some CO2 to fix it up. Well I did have some CO2...cartridges, no shooter to use them with and low and behold no tube! Apparently I had grabbed the wrong seat kit so 13 miles from Camp Humphreys out on a Korean road stuck with no spare! Luckily I had my cell phone called a buddy and since I was on our standard route he was able to come save my ass! Lesson learned there always check the seatbag! Anyway hope everyone is doing well it is getting late here so I am going to wrap it up have a good day and Keep the Rubber Side Down!

No comments: