Sunday, February 05, 2006

Long Cold days

Well it has been 27 long days away and I am finally back. Washington may be some beautiful riding country during the summer but it is some seriously cold snowy heavy pack moving, snow shoe wearing, artic sleeping bag nights country during January! And for a boy from Arizona, the last place I want to be! Anyway I made it through what has been some of the funnest training in my short military career - that is sarcasm your hearing in my tone there. Picked up the bike on Friday Charles kept it stored for me while I was away and will hopefully put in a couple of laps out at Thompson tomorrow and a trip to Dauset this weekend before I head up to Razorback on the 18th can't wait to get rolling up there! Anyway hopefully I will have the chance to get a couple of races in at the beginning of the season. Hopefully the training I did for the last three weeks at about 5,000 ft altitude climbing the mountains will improve my riding time down here at Sea level well thats all for now and as I venture back out to ride I will see ya on the trail.

2 comments:

GoFastPops said...

The locals will need a race report when you guys get back; we want all the gory details (pictures would be nice too)

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

Are you riding on Thursday by any chance. I am thinking about going to Dauset Trails for a couple hours of easy riding.