Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Road Ride Casual

Well after a Monday out at Thompson which was really enjoyable, I hadn't been on the trail in over a month so worked the rust out. Trail showed a little bit of wear from the rain but overall is in good condition. The Stans Tubeless must have been dried up because the tire kept going flat by the end of the lap so I had to stop and re inflate it. Anyway it was a good ride kept it a little conservative on the speed just to get back into the trail without ending up on the trail. Today was the casual group ride we had eight riders in the group and a new rider from Idaho out for the ride. We headed out for the 26 miler and about the 7th mile the new guy decided it was time to pick it up so we had a pretty good pace for most of the ride. While I was able to hang pretty well with the group on flats and downhills the up hills caused me to drop back a little but considering I was on the Vertex hardtail with road tires I didn't feel to bad and finished up with the group at a 17.5mph average. The ride left me questioning my sanity in attempting to do the WBL rides on the mountain bike so I may be in the market for a road bike here shortly if anyone has a bike they are looking to sell at a reasonable price I am in the market just remember I am only 5'4" tall. Well that is about it for now hoping to get a ride in on Sunday morning or afternoon just not sure if it will be trail or road so were ever it happens to be I Will See You on the Bike! Thanks for reading

No comments: