Monday, October 15, 2007

Cruising, on a Sunday Afternoon

On such a B E A Utiful afternoon how could one not get out and ride somewhere? Since I had a change of timing but not necessarily a change in plans I headed out to Dauset around noon after a late breakfast of pancakes and sausage. Once I got there I was one of many riders who decided it was a great day to be on the trail, unloaded and headed out. The trail was in great condition, even some of the way back stuff had been cleaned up so the trail wasn't covered by pine needles or leaves. Huff and Puff was fun as always managed to cruise thru it pretty consistently. I had just done some work on the bike on Thursday adding some STAN's Tubeless to the back tire to refresh it and keep the tire inflated, also pulled the seat post out took it apart and cleaned it off in a last ditch effort to find out what was causing the irritating creaking on the bike. Well that seems to have done the trick cause I did the entire 17 miles of Dauset and not a single creak out of the bike wish I would have tried that earlier. It was a extremely enjoyable ride got back into a comfort zone on this ride with more time in the saddle after Thomson and started adding some more speed and catching some more air. What was also nice was the tempature, for the first time since April I didn't get on the bike and be soaking with sweat by the end of the first mile! Well it was a good start to the week as I got that ride in and then a 3 mile run this morning so training is getting back on track still looking forward to getting on the road as well for some good training rides also. Looking to hit the group ride on Wenseday again as that was a good ride last week so if your out there the I Will See You on the Bike! Thanks for reading


 

P.S. If you're a movie watcher and like horror movies DO NOT
rent BUG that movie sucked!

No comments: