Saturday, September 05, 2009

Trail Riding at BUNDANG(Yep that really is the name of the trail)




This is the hoopty we will be traveling up to Osan in(amazing what $500 in Korea buys!)


Hello all, well today I went up to Seoul again and road with the group up there at Bundang Trail. Let me say there isn't a place in this country that is flat! Now having said that I would have to say(not to disparage any GA trails) but This is Mountain Biking We climbed for about a half hour on some technical single track before it even leveled out slightly and then the downhills, lets just say they would have gotten covered and rerouted if they were in GA as "Erosion" This was get off the back of the bike feather the brakes and smoke your forearms downhills. The ETSX was loving it and I was relearning skills I hadn't used since I was in Arizona, it was a blast. All told in 13.5 miles of riding we climbed and descended over 3500ft in each direction(according to the Garmin). Anyway after that we hung out tailgating in the parking lot of the park for a couple of hours telling stories cooking brauts and drinking beers it was a blast. Tomorrow I am heading up to Osan in the van with a few of the riders from Camp Humphreys and we are going to get in about 16miles of some up the hill and down the hill riding should be fun. I think the major replacement parts I am going to need will be brake pads at least initially until I get comfortable with the downhills again. I figured out a riding goal for this year while I am in Korea and that is to find the highest point that is rideable to and get to the top before I leave so I will have to work on that one because if I don't get it before November chances are I will have to wait until April or May to try it then. Anyway life is good hope everyone is well back there and if your out there on the bike-Keep the Rubber Side Down!

No comments: