Sunday, September 27, 2009

Good Training Week






Well the MTB race last week was a good measurement of how much work I have ahead of me to get competitive with these guys in regards to climbing. That was 25 miles of up the hill down the hill nothing technical in fact about 10 miles of it were road riding so I could have done without the FS on this ride. The trail was all fire road on the hill the big technical portion was maneuvering through the lose rock and gravel and maintaining your momentum up 22% grades. More than once I crested a hill only to look up and go "you gotta be kidding me!" Combined it was over 3300 feet of climbing in 25miles. The Koreans were passing me like I was standing still going up the hills on there Carbon Fiber hardtails cruising up like it was cool, however on the downhills....different story there. I would have to say they err on the side of caution going down, with good reason as someone was killed in last years event when they missed the turn. They were a little to cautious for me though, you had a fire road wide trail and your major concern was not hitting some really lose stuff and hopping from one side of the trail to the other on the turns other than that the benefits of FS definitely helped me make up ground. So for the rest of this week I have started lifting trying to develop some strength for the climbs and do some off season training while still getting in a ride or two during the course of the week. I seemed to have added a couple of inches to the waist line when I wasn't watching so need to get that back off and get the body fat back down to a acceptable percentage. Anyway here are some pre and post race pics still waiting for the website address from the event they had some good photo and sag support out at the event. Hope everyone is doing well back in the states and Keep the Rubber Side Down! Later.

3 comments:

u2metoo said...

Right on, man. Keep pedaling.

ETSX Rider said...

Wait until I get this weeks pics posted they are going to be some sweet pics, the ride to get these pics was a hell of a climb

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

man how's it going? give me a call at the shop sometime.