Saturday, July 18, 2009

Land of Morning Calm - And all day Rain!



Well I have arrived at my destination which I will call home for the next year pretty much. I was wandering around trying to figure out which barracks I will be living in this evening when I ran acrossed a couple of guys in front of one of the buildings so I thought I would ask. Well long story short as one of them was showing me the rooms I spot a Turner Hard tail and a Maverick 6+" Travel downhill bike. So needless to say I start asking about riding groups trails and anything he might know so he puts me in touch with a couple of the groups out here and hopefully I will be riding here by the beginning of August! As for the location it looks barely like I remember it from my last visit over a decade ago, there are a few buildings and locations that haven't changed but overall 90% of what I used to know is either gone, relocated or renovated. I found the new gym here today and was able to get a workout in on the stairmaster so that was nice. Anyway I am looking forward to getting into my barracks room this week hopefully and getting my stuff by Friday if possible so if that is the case I will be putting the bikes together this weekend and looking for a ride soon after. Once I get out there I will make sure to get some pics and post on the ride and how it was until then Keep the Rubber Side Down and enjoy the ride!

No comments: