Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Group Riding in Korea

Had to climb a few miles to get this view here!

This was the group we rode with Sunday put in about 37 miles

View of Seoul from half way up the mountain on Saturday

This was the sign about 2 miles from the top did this climb 4 times - Good Stuff!!
This is the town right outside the Post good place.

Well hello again from the land of Morning Calm. I am hanging out at the hotel still waiting for a barracks room - starting to get old living out of the luggage. On a good note I was able to hook up with the local riding group here at Camp Humphreys and was able to borrow a Turner FS from one of the guys on post and go riding down in Seoul last weekend. Imagine lending someone your Turner with a Chris King Wheelset and XTR components, and oh by the way you have only met the guy once. That is what another soldier did for me so I could go ride this weekend. I was grateful for that it was awesome some serious downhill I was wishing I had the ETSX I could have used the extra travel on the downhills which were ORAMM style steep. then the uphill was short and steep as well (see attached pic) did 4 loops around the trail and called it a day and it was a blast. Sunday did a group ride on the road on the Turner again that was a pretty good challenge once again hills that were intense. Hopefully I will get a barracks room soon and then I can get settled in and have my bikes and do some riding with my stuff. Anyway that is about it here just getting into work and Hanging out at the gym doing spin class to get some pedaling in we have a good instructor smokes us pretty good doing the session. Well that is about it for now I have a flicker account so I posted all the pics there for viewing and will keep doing it so I can keep ya posted on all the fun I have over here during the next year. I would be remiss if I didn't Wish my Wife a Happy B-Day and hope she had a good one! So to all my readers Enjoy the trail and Keep the Rubber Side Down!

No comments: