Sunday, August 03, 2008

GSC Series Pig Trail Race


Started in April with flat rock...........


First Win Ever at Ft Yargo.......


Athens mudfest that was a challenging race.........


Clemson race that was a cool race with some good climbs........


Carter Lake a Challenging Course and my second GSC win of the season.....

Well it was a great day for the GSC Final at The Pig Trail. The weather was pretty warm and the trail was in perfect condition. I ran a pretty good race but my plans for a perfect day were spoiled by a North Florida rider who had nothing better to do than come up here and steal my season finale win by stomping my time by over 2.5min. Anyway I managed a 2nd place finish and clinched the GSC Series for the 40-49yr old class for 2008. Gone Riding provided some outstanding awards for the overall awards and provided a good banquet on the short notice cancellation of the previous arraignments. OMBA crew once again put on a first class event with great support and a perfect race course. Mark, Monte, Eddie, Jake, Grant, Rick, Renee, Dean, and a dozen or so more that helped put on this event I need to Thank for putting on the event. A Big thanks to Bill Stoudt and Charles Reeves from The Bike Store for all there support thru the Season and while not officially sponsoring me I couldn't think of a better couple of guys both personally and professionally to promote cycling for. I think I might take a rest from the trail for a little while, maybe a ride up at Dauset for a fun Sunday morning before I have a work imposed two month hiatus from the trail. Looking forward to Tuesdays Stork demo Ride at The Bike Store so if your out there I will see ya there

No comments: