Sunday, July 27, 2008

Preparing for the Pig


Well just one week away from the end of the GSC series and accomplishment of my overall goal I set back in January when I started training for this year. I finally got the Vertex-70 out and back on to the trail at the Pig, wow little different riding a 16.5" FS with 5" of travel then going to a 18" hardtail with 105mm fork. So I am getting used to the handling of the hardtail again and checking out the new sections of trail that were cut. I have my training plan all set out with a ride out at the Pig Saturday and then again Monday morning, Tuesday will be a Spin class during lunch and then back out to the Pig on Wednesday, with a recovery day on Thursday a training ride Friday evening and a Spin loosen up ride Saturday morning before the race. Quiet a bit of riding this week - just a good thing its getting close to the end of the season as the wife is getting about at the end of her patience for my obsessive behavior when it comes to MTB racing. anyway I have been getting in some good road riding as well trying to keep up the conditioning this past week the Tuesday group ride had a good pace with a overall pace of 19.3mph, it was a good thing the train came thru in Byron otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen the front of the group until the finish as they dropped me pretty good there for a while when they started doing the pace line. Anyway I will be switching out the Maxxis Ignitor with a High Roller for the race so I am going to do that tonight for the next week and get used to the handling of that tire, from what I read it has some great grip, very predictable and low rolling resistance so I am looking forward to seeing how that works out. I will be sporting The Bike Store new kit and for the race with the Ergon Team grips as well(gotta keep that color coordination). So if your out there at The Pig this week or Sunday I Will See You on the Trail!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Hi,

I'm working with Takkle.com, a social networking site for sports. Members can post photos, videos, share stats and schedules, and a whole lot more with others throughout the community. Takkle is a place where students, athletes, coaches, and fans can share their passion for sports.

I feel that your site is very useful. I would love to know if you could link to our social networking resource.

Thanks,
Sandi