Monday, July 14, 2008

Back to the Spin Cycle again


Sporting The Bike Store before I get all dirty on the trail!


The Pregnant Zoe and the proud Dad........Anyone want a puppy?

Well after a couple of weeks of recovery and healing time it is back to training and getting ready for the next race at Ft Mountain. I started off the week getting rained out at The Pig trail on Sunday, I was disappointed in the new reroute on the trail I like the difficult, sometime treacherous downhill sections that are considered trail erosion to most I guess(I do not claim to be knowledgeable about trail building either btw). I try not to complain because I am rarely around for trail maintenance but sometimes it seems to me we try to tame down the trails so much that when I go somewhere that has some of the more mountainous terrain it is that much more difficult due to lack of opportunity to ride it here. That being the third such reroute around the more challenging areas of the trail since the storm. Enough of me complaining though I appreciate the work that everyone does on the trails to maintain them even if I don't agree with some of the changes. Well I managed to get a lap and a half in before the rains and see how the hip and knee felt which was pretty good. This morning I got in a 4 mile run and then hit the spin class during lunch. While not the funnest of ways to train it definitely helps with the training as it makes me push myself harder than if I am on a group ride our out by myself on the trail. I am also working on the diet as well trying to get myself back down to 140-142lbs for my race weight, I still have 3-5lbs to go. I plan on hitting the group ride on Wednesday and get a trail ride in Thursday. I will be taking Friday off and then heading up to Ft Mountain on Saturday so hopefully the training will get me ready to go on Sunday. I will be sporting the Army Kit for this race coming up but am looking forward to showing off the new Bike Store Kit it looks really sharp. So if your out there on Sunday I Will See You on the Trail!

No comments: