Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thompson Evenings and Arrowhead Mornings

Well getting warmed up for the 12hrs of Tsali with a couple of back to back rides before I start preparations to head up to NC this weekend. Trying the Joe Freil recommended approach with a couple of race effort runs and finish it off tomorrow and give myself the recommended 72hrs of rest before the race. Also been trying out the Optygen suppose to increase VO2 Max and help hold of LT effects so will see what impact that has. Taking the family up to the race with me and staying at Nantahala Village resort figured make it a enjoyable weekend for everyone, my son will have a game room he can go to if he gets bored and I lose my pit crew about 7pm when the All Star NASCAR Race comes on. I am looking forward to the race I haven't done a 12hr Solo since Santos last year and from what I have heard thru the grapevine it is a challenging course so I am looking forward to the ride. Hopefully that 1500 training miles in the desert will provide me with the endurance I need to be able to keep a steady pace and ride for the full 12hrs. I will be sporting the new OMBA kits as well as The Bike Store Gear and should get a oportunity to wear the ARMY jersey and of course the Rocky Mountain jersey as well and get the wife to take picks so I can post a few here(talk about shameless promotion and I aint even gettin paid except by one and it aint for my riding skills!). Well getting late here and I am going to be up early so if your out there at Arrowhead I Will See You on the Trail!

No comments: