Sunday, May 27, 2007

Look Ma - No Brake


Well Dauset was a good race today, not quite what I had hoped for but considering the spill I took the first mile into it I wont complain. Managed a 10th place overall for the beginner group both SERC and GSC 30-39yrs out of 27 riders pretty respectable for my first series race this year. A Good start got me out in the top 10 but several of us got caught behind a slower rider with about 6 riders behind him and my patience wore out quick so about a mile into it I tried to make a pass got caught on the outside of a turn rubbed a tire and went down hard. Once I got up straightened out the handlebars and realized that my front brake line was torn out of the reservoir I was passed by pretty much the entire field. So with rear brake only I took off after the field and over the course of the next ten miles managed to work my way back up to the top ten, tried to pass two riders for about the last two miles but had wore myself out getting back to were I was by then so finished as strong as I could. Still Chasing Ron Fields - great race today believe he was top 5, will be interesting to see were I fall in with the GSC riders after they post the split results on Gone Riding. A shout out to Charles for setting up my pop up for me and letting me know what to expect out of the trail conditions and a thanks in advance for fixing my brakes as I know how much he enjoys working on my Hope M4's. Well it is the Ft Mountain Race on June 10th so I will be doing some road rides in the morning and some trail rides locally here at Thompson or something so if your out there I Will See You on the Trail!

1 comment:

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

Great job on the race Chris!