Thursday, May 31, 2007

Road Tires and Hard Tails


"OUCH"


Well has been a slow week since the Dauset Race on Sunday mainly due to the fact that I had to put the ETSX into the shop to repair the brake break (ha ha). Took the Vertex out to Thompson Wednesday for a lap need to get used to the hardtail on the trail again so I can race it at the Pig in August. Changing the priorities this summer though after this weeks race(even if I was a little more competitive) I realized that unless the top 6 decide not to ride 3 of the next 5 races I will still not crack the top five for the category since I missed the first 3 races of the season. Still going to race but races like the Ft Mountain may fall off the schedule that is little far to drive if I am not competing for the series. However that allows me to add a second endurance ride on my schedule for example The ORAMM which from what I have read is a real test of dedication as well as skill. As for the hardtail comment the wife is joining the fun and getting a Trek 6500 WS and joining me on some limited road riding. Not sure if I want her to though after she nuked me with a real stinger, after hearing about Ms Universe pageant were Ms USA took a tumble and finished as the 5th runner up she turns to me and goes "Hey Honey, look Ms USA wrecked too and she still finished better than you!" Anyway the Hope tech guys are suppose to get my new line to Charles tomorrow so I am hoping to be ride ready by Saturday and out on the trail Sunday morning again. Not sure where I am riding but will be somewhere in Macon if I can make it up to E. Macon on Saturday I plan on helping out Dean with the trail maintenance. So if you are out there I Will See You on the Trail!

No comments: