Friday, November 03, 2006

Time to get back to Training

Well it is that time of the year again, starting this month with some base training, doing some lifting and cardio training on the eliptical. Figured out my Goals for the season the year and they are as follows:

Goal 1. Win the overall Championship for the GSC MTB Series 30-39 beginner Group.
Goal 2. Finish in top 3 at 12hrs of Razorback 12hrs of Dauset and 13hrs of Santos solo Cat.
Goal 3. Complete the Snake Creek Time Trial in under 4.5hrs
Sounds lofty I know but I figure I shouldn't be suffering from a break in my season this year so I might stand a chance to accomplish them and as I was once told by a High School coach(Yes that was a long, long time ago) "It is better to shoot for the stars and drag your feet in the treetops than to shoot for the treetops and drag your feet in the mud."
I also have a new hardtail that I am going to start riding- see if that cant help improve not only my technical skills but my times on some of the faster courses we ride around here like the Pig trail. Also to use possibly doing some road miles. The new bike is a Rocky Mountain Vertex-70 So if there is anybody out there that is looking for a full suspension Mountain Bike Frame I have a 2003 ETSX-30 18" One of the HOTTEST Epic/Marathon XC Racing bikes EVER. Hand built with pride in CANADA.

If you don't know Rocky Mountain, they are one of the highest quality bicycle builders in the world. ALL their bikes are built right here in North America NOT Taiwan or China. Just check out the beautiful welds.

This framset is a 2003 model.. and is signed by the actual welder that welded the frame. It is a size 18" so it should fit anyone in the 5' 7" to 6' 0" range. The paint job is a Red, Black & Dark Grey Moondust and is clearcoated. The stickers are UNDER the clear coat. This frame retailed for around $1000 plus. The welds are perfect, the alignment is perfect. LOVE THE RIDE!!

You will have no problem, using normal high end parts, building this bike as a sub-27 lb bike. Frame weight is 6.5 lbs ACTUAL including rear shock (I weighed it).

The ETSX - or Energy Transfer System - suspension creates a plush and responsive feel through the use of co-rotating wishbone linkages - technology adapted from Formula One race car swingarms. The finely tuned virtual pivot trajectory moves the rear wheel on a near-vertical path, with minimized chain growth through the pedaling portion of travel. This bike is virtually bob-free. The Cloud Nine Shock creates a plush and responsive ride.

CHECK OUT THE REVIEWS ON MTBR.COM
FEATURES
Custom Easton tubing for uncompromised frame quality.
Adjustable rear travel: 3.5", 4", 4.5".
Cam-actuated quick release on travel adjustment for ease of operation.
Rocky Mountain hand built quality.
All frames faced and chased for perfect build integrity.

For more details including all meaurements please visit, www.bikes.com. ALSO: 26.8mm seatpost, 31.8mm clamp, 1.25" top pull front derrailleur.
with a Cloud Nine rear shock, less than a year old, and new rear swing arms and pivot bearings

Well I have carried on long enough so I will wrap it up here I am planning on going to Dauset early Sunday, probably freeze my butt off for the first hour or so but should be plenty warm after a lap. So if anyone is interested or heading out there anyway I will See You on The Trail!

1 comment:

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

can you bring in the copy of fat tire times so I could check it out. thanks, your bike is done. I cleand and degreased the frame for you!