Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ridding Arizona

Well back again from Az had a good week out at my old stomping ground. Flew out there on Tuesday morning and was riding the trails by Tuesday at 3pm! Rented a Stumpy from Sun and Spokes and hit the trails. I was a little slower than I remember being, of course being at near sea level for the last year and then going back to 5300 ft elevation will have a impact however I was able to climb the hills anyway, I think the 31lbs bike might have helped keep my traction on the climbs, man that stumpy was heavy! Well rode Tuesday and Wensday while I was out there it was pretty enjoyable hitting some downhills where I actually had to get back off the seat and work some hard technical rocky sections. The drawback being all those thorny branches and bush that are out there on the trail those I haven't missed since I have been out here so there is a trade off. Well got back here on Friday and have just been tooling around I need to get serious about putting in some training time and getting myself back in shape so I can be ready for this season, primarly the first big goal I have for the 12hrs of Razorback. Anyway I am going to get in a couple of rides this week with my PT as well so I should get a good start, if you happen to be out on the trail, or I end up on the road this week I Will See You on the Trail(or Road)

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Sure and you couldn't even bring me back a Jack in the Box ball.