Monday, November 06, 2006

Riding yesterday Running today


WOW did that hurt this morning!! Yesterday about 0830 I was out at Dauset a chilly 38 degrees when I started and I was the first one on the trail so there was a few webs but not many. Rode the full 17.9 mile loop, you can tell the sections that aren't getting rode that much by the leaves covering the section, which helped to add to the difficulty of the technical sections by hiding the lines. I did a casual lap my first go around started seeing some other riders as I was getting closer to the end of my lap and the temps where picking up. After the first lap I got a power bar and stretched out some and went back out for a second lap the thought process being that 2 laps equals the distance of Snake Creek even though it doesnt match the difficulty it would give me a baseline to start from and see how much I need to work to reach my goal for the time trials. First lap ran 1hr 52min, 9.4mph avg, 17.9 miles my second lap ran 1hr 57min 9.1mph avg. Anyway after that I had to get up this morning and do PT with the company and so I stretched out this morning and ran 3.5 miles, not to brag but normally I can smoke just about anyone in the company however today I was having trouble just keeping up a good pace so I will need to get a little better in my conditioning. Getting ready to take a trip out to Gods Country (Arizona) and will be packing some riding gear with me I should be able to get a bike to ride either from the LBS or some of my old riding buddies and hit some of my old stomping grounds out there which will be sweet!! nothing like hitting a 2mile stretch of uphill trail and 12 miles of awesome down hill single track unfortunately I will have to do some work out there as well! Well other than that just waiting on the frame to come in so that Charles can put it all together and I can get some pictures of the ETSX-30 and get that posted to sell. Well I will wrap it up here not sure when or where I will be riding this weekend but if you happen to be out there I will See you on The Trail!

No comments: