Sunday, November 06, 2005

Historic background

Well I have discovered the picture Software and finally got the email I was waiting for from my riding buddy back in Az so I thought I would post a few most are from the 2005 24hrs in the Old Pueblo, outside of Tucson, Az my first 24 hr ride where it rained for 18 of the 24 hrs! The sexy pic was taken after I decided I could fly faster than I could ride on only the first lap. The second pic of course was of our HQ and Maintanence Tent since 8 of 12 riders in the group were either active army or retired we borrowed a GP medium and set up camp. The third is Steven Estrada, his father James is primarily responsible for my addiction to the sport of mountain biking as which makes him responsible ( at least remotely) for the lectures I get from my wife about the money I spend on biking! This pic is of Steve at the 66 miler in the White Mountains this year which also got some rain as you can tell. I credit Steve with my ability to climb hills a little faster than the next guy, one day on a ride Steve was out in front, as usual going up a hill so I give it my best effort to catch him and as I do he looks over smiles, waves shifts into a smaller gear and proceeds to take off on me, from that point on my goal was to pass him on the hills I havent' done it yet when he hasn't wanted me to but I look forward to the day when we get to ride together again and I can give it another try. Well there ends the history lesson, if anyone is riding this week during the mornings or planning on being out at Dauset this Saturday for the weekends events let me know as always I would love to ride.

No comments: