Monday, March 23, 2009

The Dublin 50, wait 55 oh no 59 mile ride






Well it was a choice between racing in Macon, or riding in Dublin out of the two I knew the race while challenging and fun I would be way out classed and my technical skills still aren't quite up to race level. So I thought I would just join Charles, his Dad, BK, Chad and a his brother, Bill and a couple of others for the century ride out at Dublin. We decided to do the 50 miler which then changed to 55 miler and then ultimately ended up at being 59 miles by the time we finished. It was a good ride through some really great scenic country and with some pretty good climbs and descents by the time it was over I had a pretty good workout in.
I figure since I am focusing on the endurance races this season I gain more from doing the long ride than competing in a XC race so I worked a couple of pulls at the start and at the end of the ride to get the HR up a little bit. Still working on my power endurance, on a few occasions I would start up the hill in front and end up in the back of the pack at the top of the hill. Hopefully the next month of StairMaster, spin class and riding laps out at Thompson to improve my technical skills will help make me a little more competitive come Ft Yargo. Not sure yet what this weekend will bring but hoping to find my way out to Dauset so if your out there I Will See You on the Trail!

No comments: