Saturday, December 30, 2006

Houghtling's Hounds (Dashunds)


Well another Christmas and another Dashund to and to the collection introducing Oscar "The Cat Slayer" Duncan Houghtling. Hopefully he will pay off in the future as we have a long hair miniature female we plan on mating him with so we will see. As far as the riding goes had to do some research on lower back pain and riding and do some adjustments to the handlebar height to see if that will help, don't need to be doing the Snake Creek TT and having a sore back a hour into it. Looking forward to the New Years day ride with the CGC rinding my Vertex hardtail with some Kenda slicks recommended by Charles at my local LBS . Should be a pretty good time, Also now that they gave us Tuesday off as a Federal Holiday looks like I will probably do some trail time thinking about trying out E. Macon haven't been there in a while. If anyone has ridden there recently and has a trail update or status would love to hear it. I have adjusted my schedule to still have a chance to be competitive in the GSC Series will have to make races 4-8 and fit in the make up in Clemson S.C. to be eligible for the Series I will only have one endurance race during that time so I am going to focus my training on strength and speed to be competitive. Since I will have about 20 weeks of nothing but training time hopefully I can make the most of it so if some of the more knowledgeable and experienced riders out there actually read my post and have some training tips for me I am all ears! Well that is about it for now I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a Safe and Happy New Year and I Will See You on the Trail!

2 comments:

GoFastPops said...

Ya got to start doing Intervals. It's all about suffering at (or above) your max heart rate

ETSX Rider said...

Yep I Know which should be more productive theis time bcause I wil actually be able to do my training on the bike