Monday, December 19, 2005

NASCAR and MNT Bike Racing

It is about this time of year as I start to register for some of the races that I realize the conflict between two of my favorite pastimes- NASCAR and MNT Biking, take for instance the 12 hours of Razor back which just happens to fall on the same weekend as the Daytona 500 as did the 24hrs in the Old Pueblo last year, thank God for DVR's but it still isnt quite the same as watching it live however I just cant see missing a good day riding for a good day of watching someone else driving of course there are others the Memorial day races just to name one but it appears that although I love watching NASCAR I must love riding my bike a little bit more because the bike always seems to win. Plus the fact that both sports run during the same time frame of the year always helps to my struggle sit on my butt and watch people drive in circles or sit on my butt and pedal myself (not necesarrily in a circle) around? I usually don't end up watching! Anyway just a thought from a avid rider and race watcher as we approach the up coming season Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas (sorry I aint going politically correct here!) and a Happy New Year and since I will be up in snowy MI for a little bit here I will see ya'll on the trail when I get back!

2 comments:

BIKES, BEANS, AND BLUEGRASS said...

well chris you know what they say NASCAR stands for, Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks
LOL!

ETSX Rider said...

well yea you ever seen some of there fans?!