Saturday, November 28, 2009

So Much for the Trail Ride


Well I was looking forward to a good day of trail riding out at Bundang park this morning when I got up but I guess it wasn't meant to be. The two guys going with me bailed last minute, both with valid reasons but a bummer none the less. No big deal rode trails with the people I was meeting before just have to drive up myself. Well since I didn't know the way I was meeting another guy at a location to rally up and head out. Well I got there a couple minutes late and either he left already or didn't show, not sure which yet. Well that shoots that to shit so I head back to the Hump and when I get back and pull the bike out of the back of the van low and behold I have a flat! well that was the third strike. So I did what any good cyclist would do I got dressed and grabbed the Trek SL1000 and hit the road. Was feeling like being out for a while anyway so I did the 75miler again this time combining two different road rides we do for the milage. The temp was ranging between 48-54 with a wind so I had on the Craft and other snivel gear to keep myself warm and it was a good thing I did. Over all it was some good base training kept the HR avg at 148 and burned 3100 calories according to the Sigma ROX 9that thing is a awesome computer. Well that will probably be my last ride prior to coming home for leave so I am going to clean up the bikes this week and get them set aside for the month. I am already sure the hardest part of going on leave will be coming back for my second six months on Penisula but we do what we have to. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and as always, Keep the Rubber Side Down!

No comments: