Monday, January 12, 2009

Verdict is in Sigma Rox!



Well it has been just over a couple of weeks and about 6 or 7 rides since I switched out the Trek Incite Team computer for the Sigma Rox9 and it was a very worthwhile switch. The computer itself has a plethera of functions that monitor everything from your speed to the tempatures during your ride. The display can be set up for various functions with the ability to switch from one view to another easily during a ride. The display is also easily readable regardles of the number of functions. The computer download functions are outstanding with the capability to send and recieve data and use your computer to input settings for the cycle computer.
The after ride capabilities and displays of training info are outstanding as you can select which functions to display and what mode you want to display from total training, averages, and mins and maximums during the ride. All displayed in a easily readable graph with adjustable zoom capablility. The memory storage can hold quite a few rides depending on the save settings you input. Overall it has been a very useful tracking tool in monitoring my rides and progresion in base training overall. Using the data downloaded on the laptop from the computer allows me to see where I am maintaining my RPMs, speed and heart rates during the rides to see if I am improving. Overall I am really happy with the switch if your interested in getting a quality computer that has all the functions you need and is fairly simple to use I would recommend the Sigma Rox 8 or 9. I would also recommend a good place to buy one at either of The Bike Store locations in Warner Robins or Macon. Well enough of the reviews I am thinging of hitting Dauset hopefully on Sunday so we will see depending on weather and if it works out I Will See You on the Trail!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You may have noticed that the average inclination and rise rate numbers are incorrect. Try switching over to km/h for a bit and you'll see accurate calculations. The software has a bug resulting from not applying the proper unit conversion for the feet to miles slope ratio. The metric formula for inclination was carried over into the imperial unit computation and is off by a factor of 5.280. For now I am just using km/h until Sigma resolves this issue.